Tuesday 30 June 2015

Maleficent Monologue Adaption

This is an adaption of the Disney Classic Sleeping Beauty and The film Maleficent.

Maleficent Monologue


(Merriweather: For you oh sweet Aurora, I wish you…)
(Maleficent enters the christening of Aurora)
Well, well….quite a glittering assemblage, king Stefan. (Fairies try to protect Aurora)
royalty, nobility, the gentry and how quaint, even the rebel.
I must say, I really felt quite distressed for not receiving an invitation.

(King: you are not welcome here)

Not wha… ? (sad to an evil giggle)
Oh dear, what an awkward situation.
I had hoped it was merely due to some oversight. Well in that event I’d best be on my way.

(Queen: I hope we haven’t offended you, your Excellency)

Why no, your majesty. And to show I bear no ill will, I too shall bestow a gift on the child.

Listen well, all of you! The princess shall indeed grow in grace and beauty beloved by all who know her, but before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday she shall prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die.

(King: Please)

I like it when you beg, do it again.

(King: I beg of you, please)

Alright then, the princess can be woken from her sleep-like death, but only by true loves kiss. This curse will last till the end of time, no power on earth can change it.

(Dramatic exit)


No comments:

Post a Comment